The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for promoting and ensuring site and office safety, and a working knowledge for the day to day execution for their assigned project(s) including managing, coordinating, and supervising subcontractors, vendors, and personnel to ensure the work is completed on time, within budget, while adhering to D-Line’s quality standards.
Job Responsibilities include (but may not be limited to):
- Promotes safety on job site and implements, enforces, and effectively manages D-Line’s safety policy and procedures
- Manages and prioritizes the project budget and ensure D-Line is obtaining the best possible pricing; weighing and eliminating risk in the buyout process
- Manages and is responsible for the ongoing analysis of project buyout, savings, and contingencies; schedules buyout into the overall project schedule and ensures milestones are met
- Writes and distributes bid packages that clearly define the scope and general provisions
- Negotiates, analyzes, and prepares subcontracts, purchase order agreements, and cost control budgets
- Ensures that the project team understands the aspects of the prime contract that relate to their specific responsibilities and demonstrates a thorough understanding of the prime contract checklist
- Identifies the high-risk provisions in the prime contract and implements project specific practices to mitigate risk to D-Line.
- Working knowledge of contract documents, including reading and writing subcontracts
- Manages all document control of RFI submittals, change orders, correspondence, permits, drawings, specs, and reports in a systematic and traceable manner
- Prepares and manages monthly owner billing process and actively pursues owner for prompt payment of monthly progress billing
- Reviews the timely approval of all change orders and billings, and cost control budget adjustments
- Responsible for all aspects of the cost report and completes timely submittal of cost reports and effectively communicates risk and projections to senior management
- Manages and publishes project schedule as it applies to scope on a weekly basis
- Participates in the development and creation of the baseline schedule and provides weekly updates to the schedule
- Develops and implements a QA/QC program
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Architecture
- Minimum four years of construction and or engineering experience to include two years as a Project Engineer
- Working knowledge of Prime Contract and contract types: includes lump sum, GMP, hard bid, negotiated, design-build, etc
- Working knowledge of cost control, budgeting, and accurate and decisive cost reporting, billing and forecasting
- Familiarity of all aspects of building to include site work, structure, finishes, envelope, MEPS
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint); Knowledge of Adobe and Visio
- Understands estimating software (Timberline and Vico) and how to successfully put together an estimate and present to colleagues and clients
- Has an operating knowledge of the company standard software for project scheduling
- Familiarity with database information flow/costing software (CMIC)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, and other BIM software
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas.
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Post 3 Box 6
Oakland, CA 94606
Contractors State License Board:License # 944284
DIR # 1000007891