The Estimating Coordinator is an integral part of the Estimating Department and is the heart of the department. The ideal candidate will need to possess strong computer and organizational skills; have a good attention to detail and the ability to multitask. All document control for each bid will be managed by the Estimating Coordinator as well as seeking out new bid opportunities, maintaining the bid calendar and compiling Request for Proposals (RFP’s), as required.
The ideal candidate should have at least 3-5 years of construction industry experience, be familiar with construction industry lingo and possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Provide administrative support to the estimating department;
- Research bid opportunities;
- Maintain and update bid list daily;
- Maintain Job Walk and Bid Calendar
- Assign proposal numbers to new bid opportunities;
- Create and maintain proposal folders with all updates/addenda to plans and specifications;
- Read, interpret and understand contract drawings and specifications, as well as review of project manuals and bid package information;
- Solicitation of sub-trade pricing and MBE, WMBE, DVBE participation both in person and on the phone;
- Assist in the preparation of project estimates, requests for proposals and budgets;
- Provide technical assistance to Estimators including analysis of drawings / specification and preparing accurate material quantity takeoffs;
- Maintain employee resumes and job information sheets;
- Assist with project specific and general prequalification questionnaires;
- Procure bid bonds as needed;
- Assist in the initial planning and scheduling of construction projects through preparation of schedules including major work items;
- Provide assistance with the development and implementation of marketing materials;
- Photocopying and other administrative duties as required by the department;
- Such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Previous experience working with a Subcontractor and/or General Contractor in a similar capacity is preferred;
- 3-5 years of technical training or experience in the construction industry is an asset;
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Projects, Publisher and Outlook; as well as estimating and takeoff software;
- Positive attitude and creative mind set;
- Candidates must be organized self-starter, possess a strong work ethic, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, good attention to detail, the ability to recognize discrepancies and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Superior communication skills both written and oral;
- Exceptional English reading and writing skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure with a focus on deadlines, using initiative and requiring minimal supervision;
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management, staff and outside entities;
- Excellent typing speed and accuracy;
- Always willing and interested to learn new skills;
- Ability to be flexible in job duties;
- Education college diploma/degree is ideal.
- Salary based on experience.
Post 3 Box 6
Oakland, CA 94606
Contractors State License Board:License # 944284
DIR # 1000007891