The Sr. Estimator is responsible for preparing estimates for commercial and public works construction projects.
Responsibilities also include working with the project management team in establishing a bidders list, soliciting and evaluating subcontractor proposals and scopes of work, preparing quantity surveys and reviewing project plans and specifications for constructability and value engineering in all CSI categories of work.
Job Responsibilities include (but may not be limited to):
- Perform accurate, thorough and timely quantity takeoffs using company format, detail and coding for all CSI division systems for all levels of project documents.
- Develop accurate and concise clarifications and assumptions with the project management team’s assistance.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently with ability to multi-task.
- Obtain clarification on plans and specifications from architects and engineers when necessary.
- May assist the project management team in soliciting and analyzing subcontractor and vendor pricing input when required.
- Prepare and present budget presentations to owners and architects.
- Build effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets customer’s expectations.
- Attend project site pre-bid meetings, site tours and post-bid interviews as required.
- Develop unit costs accurately and analyze value management analysis options.
- Perform technical/plan review when required.
- Consider and understand problems, and identify appropriate solutions.
- Develop knowledge in building designs, systems and construction materials through available resources and use this knowledge in guiding the owner to a viable project.
- Accurately assess and plan takeoff workload.
- May assist in purchasing or buyout duties
- Other duties upon request.
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent work experience with 10+ years of preconstruction and/or operations experience on commercial and public works construction projects
- 8 years of progressive equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Knowledgeable in commercial and public works construction.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Resourceful and diligent in seeking solutions to problems and adapting to new situations.
- Possess the ability to estimate all aspects of a commercial and public works construction projects, assemble into one budget and present to owners.
- Must be able to operate as a “stand alone” estimator able to handle complete projects if required.
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas.
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Post 3 Box 6
Oakland, CA 94606
Contractors State License Board:License # 944284
DIR # 1000007891