The Project Engineer is responsible for ensuring administrative, contractual, financial and technical aspects of the assigned project(s) being executed. Project Engineer will be reporting to the Project Manager and/or Superintendent.
Job Responsibilities includes (but may not be limited to):
- Assists Project Manager and Superintendent in the management of construction projects, which involves cost control, expediting, quantity take-off, scheduling and safety.
- Develop peer constructability review of design documents.
- Develop, input and update project schedule as directed.
- Assist with the coordination, development and accuracy of the project estimate, budget, revisions, cost coding, and prepare cash flow charts.
- Analyze changes to contract documents, i.e. Owner Change Order Requests (CORs), Subcontractor Change Orders (SCOs).
- Review revised cost reports with Project Manager and assist in establishing final costs. – Attend and participate in monthly job reviews.
- Work with Project Manager to perform a thorough and objective bid analysis using all applicable components.
- Prepare subcontractor Schedule of Values and monthly owner billings with Project Manager and Project Superintendent.
- Other duties upon request.
- 4+ years of experience as a Project Engineer in commercial and public works construction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management of Engineering or related fields.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Viewpoint or similar) and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Apply a complete and proficient understanding of construction management, engineering, safety, scheduling, estimating, budgets, costing and procurement.
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Strong leadership, detail oriented, problem solving, initiative and teamwork.
- Proven ability to fulfill project development to project closeout responsibilities.
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas.
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Post 3 Box 6
Oakland, CA 94606
Contractors State License Board:License # 944284
DIR # 1000007891