The Superintendent is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all resources in the field for the successful execution of a project.
The Superintendent will supervise a project field team of skilled union professionals who support departmental and organizational goals through their efforts.
Job Responsibilities includes (but may not be limited to):
- Create construction schedules, perform regular updates, coordinate jobsite logistics and maintain relationships with neighboring occupants.
- Lead D-Line’s Injury-Free Environment (IFE) Safety Program.
- Coordinate subcontractor work scopes, scheduling and resource-loading in conjunction with other self- performed work crews.
- Foster the development of foreman to grow into future superintendents.
- Primary representative for interfacing with owner and design team.
- Manage large complex, multiple projects.
- Coordinate, plan and supervise assistant superintendents, subcontractors and craftsman.
- Partner with project manager during the construction phase to budget, manage and forecast the following: craft labor, equipment, materials, small tools, consumables and general conditions.
- Develop site utilization plan and establish crew size.
- Coordinate plans and specifications with design engineers, clarifying discrepancies.
- Maintain liaison with other functions to ensure all required materials, equipment and inspections support the project schedule.
- Participate in pre-construction budgeting, scheduling and design.
- Select formwork systems and equipment.
- Implement and understand project administration requirements in conjunction with the project manager.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, ability to determine work method alternative.
- Maintain relationships with customers, architects, union representatives, subcontractors, etc.
- Other duties upon request.
- 10+ years of experience as a Construction Superintendent in commercial and public works construction.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software and scheduling software.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- Strong emphasis on fostering a safe working environment for all employees.
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Post 3 Box 6
Oakland, CA 94606
Contractors State License Board:License # 944284
DIR # 1000007891