Are you organized with high attention to detail?
Do you want to work in a place where you are set up to succeed and where the quality of your work is how you are evaluated?
Are you a proactive, strategic self-starter with a proven record of finding ways to win?
Are you impatient and determined?
If so, we want you on our team as an Estimating Engineer! We are a forward thinking and well respected general engineering contractor continuing to expand our customer base in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are looking for a seasoned Estimating Engineer who will hold team members accountable, communicate effectively with customers, and trade partners, and be driven by achieving successful outcomes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reading and interpreting plans, specifications, reports, and bid instructions
- Performing quantity take-off on civil, architectural, structural, and landscape drawings in both 2D (Bluebeam) and 3d (Agtek)
- Preparing clear and concise proposal exhibits and take off reports
- Soliciting, evaluating, and leveling subcontractor and vendor price quotes
- Identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to increase revenue and profitability
- Supporting Estimators effectively to “win” more work
- Demonstrate proficiency in one or more of the following specialties: demolition, earthwork, paving, underground utilities
- Have a high attention to detail
- Have a passionate curiosity for construction means and methods
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be proficient in reading and interpreting plans, specifications, contracts, and other technical documents
- Be proficient performing mathematical calculations and working with numbers
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Meet deadlines for multiple tasks
Agtek and Bluebeam experience is preferred
Who we are:
At D-Line Constructors, Inc. We invest in people and innovation by performing Demolition, Earthwork and Underground Utilities. We are committed to providing for our families and building our futures together as a team. We would like YOU to be a part of our continued growth and success. Are you up for the challenge?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
- Unmatched company culture.
- A company that invests in its employee’s development.
- Competitive compensation – $70,000 to $120,000 per year, commensurate with experience and benefits package including family health, dental and vision plans, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, 401k plan with employer match and profit sharing, bonus program, PTO and paid holidays.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST COMPLETE A CULTURE INDEX SURVEY AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS, if you have any questions, please contact our office at (510) 251-6400.