D-Line Constructors Inc. is seeking a Foreman to be a part of our successful team. We have an extensive portfolio of demolition, earthwork and grading, wet utility, dry utility, and paving projects that will provide you with the opportunity to challenge and grow in your career.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focus on delivering the highest possible level of quality on all projects. Assure quality control and workmanship for assigned construction activities.
- Maintain close working relationships with the Superintendent and Project Manager to ensure proper coordination of the project. Preplan work activities with the PM/Superintendent to develop the best means and methods, including safety action plans.
- Develop defined activities for specific scopes of work.
- Identify “problem areas” early in the process and develop strategies to overcome obstacles.
- Communicate and coordinate with the onsite owner and subcontractors as necessary to ensure proper sequencing.
- Ensure that all resources including safety equipment, tools, materials, equipment, and layout information are on the project and in site when needed and that it is being used correctly.
- Complete daily set-ups for dispatch.
- Conduct Daily Job site Hazard Analysis.
- Conduct and document daily toolbox meetings with the crew to review production goals, performance feedback, safety and schedule, and to solicit feedback from the workers.
- Ensure that the company safety program is enforced. Ensure safety compliance with all predetermined, communicated safety guidelines for all field personnel under your supervision.
- Maintain equipment logs.
- Communicate and document daily construction activities including site conditions, main items of work performed, materials delivered, trucking utilized, subcontractors on site, Cost Coded time for all labor and equipment utilized and any significant problems or concerns that affect the operation of the project or Company as a whole.
- Internally help foster an efficient productive environment with co-workers.
- Mentor and train field personnel under your supervision and help them to develop the skills and techniques that promote professional development.
- Maintain a positive image with the public at all times.
- Proven experience as a construction foreman with progressively responsible related field experience and technical expertise as a tradesperson.
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints.
- Basic math, plan reading and the ability to calculate tonnage, volume and area.
- Excellent organization and leadership skills.
- High school diploma or GED, CA driver’s license and a clean driving record, maintain current certifications for CPR/First Aid, OSHA 30, Competent Person Training, Shoring, Confined Space Entry/Rescue and other certifications necessary for type of work performed.
Through Signatory Unions – Operating Engineers, Laborers, Carpenters
ALL CANDIDATES MUST COMPLETE A CULTURE INDEX SURVEY AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS, if you have any questions, please contact our office at (510) 251-6400.