D-Line Constructors Inc. is seeking Heavy Equipment Mechanic to be a part of our successful team. The Mechanic will perform tasks: perform quality maintenance, diagnosis, disassembly, inspections, repairs, rebuilds, and reassembly on any brand of components or equipment (i.e., engines, power trains, hydraulics, fuel systems, power generation, electrical codes, etc.). To include failure analysis as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance – Performs scheduled and routine maintenance; reviews repair request list, assembles tools and equipment, walks or drives to the appropriate site; records parts numbers and measurements, as needed.
- Repairs – Reviews repair request list; uses hand tools and power tools to repair or remove and replace components, such as engines, power trains, hydraulics, fuel systems, electrical systems. Helps troubleshoot and identify the causes and extent of repairs needed.
- Cutting & Welding – Measures, cuts, and welds metal to fabricate in the repair and installation of machinery
- Cleaning – Keeps work area and shop well organized and clean.
- Operates pressure hose to clean off equipment.
- Works to improve profitability by controlling costs, increasing efficiencies, and exploring feasible opportunities.
- Completes all paperwork, parts ordering, or electronic data entry in an accurate and timely manner.
- Includes other various tasks pertaining to the operation and maintenance of equipment and the facility.
- Proven experience as a Mechanic.
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical, and other systems and their components.
- Aptitude in using various hand tools and precision measurement tools.
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc…
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines.
- Very good communication skills and problem-solving ability.
- Good physical strength and stamina.
- Class A desired, clean driving record is a must.
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus.
Through Signatory Union
ALL CANDIDATES MUST COMPLETE A CULTURE INDEX SURVEY AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS, if you have any questions, please contact our office at (510) 251-6400.