D-Line Constructors Inc. is seeking Laborers to be a part of our successful team. We have an extensive portfolio of demolition, earthwork and grading, wet utility, dry utility, and paving projects that will provide you with the opportunity to challenge and grow in your career.
The Construction Laborer will perform tasks involving physical labor at building, highway and heavy construction projects, tunnel and shaft excavations and demolition sites. Operate hand and power tools of all types; air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment and a variety of other equipment and instruments. Clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris and remove asbestos, lead and other hazardous waste materials.
- The individual must be consistently at work on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction, commit to reach goals and complete tasks on time or propose an alternative plan to appropriate person.
- Observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Operate jackhammers and drills to break‐up concrete and pavement.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery, equipment and materials.
- Tend pumps, compressors and generators to provide power for tools, machinery and equipment or to heat and move materials such as asphalt.
- Lubricate, clean and repair machinery, equipment and tools.
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Control traffic passing near, in and around work zones.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations and compact and level earth to grade specifications using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers and rakes.
- Load, unload and identify building materials, machinery and tools and distribute them to appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Measure, mark and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
- Provide assistance to other craft workers, such as carpenters, masons, and operators.
- Raise structures and salvage useful materials.
- Proven experience as a construction laborer with progressively responsible related field experience and technical expertise as a tradesperson.
- Basic math, plan reading.
- High school diploma or GED, CA driver’s license and a clean driving record, maintain current certifications for CPR/First Aid, OSHA 30, Competent Person Training, Shoring, Confined Space Entry/Rescue and other certifications necessary for type of work performed.
Through Signatory Union – Laborers
ALL CANDIDATES MUST COMPLETE A CULTURE INDEX SURVEY AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS, if you have any questions, please contact our office at (510) 251-6400.