D-Line Constructors Inc. is seeking Laborers to be a part of our successful team. We have an extensive portfolio of demolition, earthwork and grading, wet utility, dry utility, and paving projects that will provide you with the opportunity to challenge and grow in your career.
The Construction Laborer will perform tasks involving physical labor at underground projects for D-Line Constructors. Operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment and a variety of other equipment and instruments. Clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris and remove asbestos, lead and other hazardous waste materials if appropriately trained and certified.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The individual must be consistently at work on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction, commit to reach goals and complete tasks on time or propose an alternative plan to appropriate person.
- Observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Install sewer, water and storm drain pipes using pipe laying machinery and laser guidance equipment.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations and compact and level earth to grade specifications using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers and rakes.
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards if appropriately trained and certified.
- Control traffic passing near, in and around work zones.
- Tend pumps, compressors and generators to provide power for tools, machinery and equipment.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment or machinery, equipment and materials.
- Proven experience as a construction laborer with progressively responsible related field experience and technical expertise as a tradesperson.
- Basic math, plan reading.
- High school diploma or GED, CA driver’s license and a clean driving record, maintain current certifications for CPR/First Aid, OSHA 30, Competent Person Training, Shoring, Confined Space Entry/Rescue and other certifications necessary for type of work performed.
Through Signatory Union – Laborers
ALL CANDIDATES MUST COMPLETE A CULTURE INDEX SURVEY AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS, if you have any questions, please contact our office at (510) 251-6400.