The Project Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling all resources for the successful execution of a project.
The Project Manager will supervise a project team of skilled operations professionals who support departmental and organizational goals through their efforts.
Job Responsibilities includes (but may not be limited to):
- Sets safety, quality, schedule, cost and owner relationship goals.
- Provides input and supervises all pre-construction services such as purchase orders, subcontracts, schedules, job cost set-up, bid packages and project pre-planning.
- Works with the VP of Operations to obtain the personnel resources required to properly staff the project.
- 100% Detailed/hands-on knowledge of Project Scope.
- Reviews project proposal or plans to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Manages the financial aspects of contracts; assures job margin analysis is completed on a regular basis.
- Develops baseline project schedule with assistance from Superintendent and/or VP of Operations.
- Monitors and reports project cost and schedule performance; recommends corrective actions if needed.
- Manages the scope of work and has mastery of the contract documents.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external project team members to reassess and amend the scope of work requirement and timeline.
- Analyze and resolve issues that have the potential to jeopardize the ability to meet agreed upon deliverables.
- Reviews change orders for accuracy.
- Reviews and takes action on contractor pay requests and invoicing.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required; prepares project reports for D-Line management, owner or others.
- Manages claims; identifies and resolves potential claims with subcontractors/suppliers.
- Participates in project coordination meetings.
- Ensures adherence to insurance, safety, and labor relations.
- Monitors and ensures quality control.
- Works with Safety Director to ensure jobs have safe working conditions and safe work practices are in place.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with key owners and architects.
- Accountable for project completion and financials, as well as customer satisfaction results.
- Directs and ensures timely completion of project close-out activities.
- Other duties upon request.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, or related field.
- 5+ years of project management experience in commercial and public works construction.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Project Management software (Viewpoint or similar) and scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Extensive knowledge of construction methods and materials, costing, scheduling and estimating.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Duties required physical abilities such as repetitive hand and finger motion, sitting, standing, walking, as well as extending hands and arms in work areas.
- The individual is required to occasionally move around the office and constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, etc.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Post 3 Box 6
Oakland, CA 94606
Contractors State License Board:License # 944284
DIR # 1000007891