Who we are
D-Line Constructors Inc. is seeking a Superintendent to be a part of our successful team. We have an extensive portfolio of demolition, earthwork and grading, wet utility, dry utility, and paving projects that will provide you with challenges and the opportunity grow in your career.
What we are looking for
The Superintendent has complete organizational and project management responsibilities, at the field level, to effectively lead the construction team and ensure they have all the resources they need. The Superintendent demonstrates the integrity and dependability of the Company by maintaining positive and continuous communication with all field personnel, vendors, and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of workers, including work schedules, project progress and resource allocation.
- Collaborate with clients, Project Managers, other construction management to determine budget and timeline.
- Coordinate materials and equipment delivery with dispatch, vendors, and suppliers.
- Create schedules for workers and subcontractors.
- Maintain a daily log for the job site’s operations.
- Daily review of previous days’ Time Cards, T&M Tags, Invoices (Material and Service).
- Make changes in operations as necessary to best meet deadlines.
- Implement management techniques that are cost effective and efficient.
- Collaborate with engineers, subcontractors, etc. to determine project needs.
- Set performance goals and deadlines.
- Plan construction process.
- Supervise staff and provide construction feedback.
- Monitor and report on project progress.
- Plan inspections and mark for USA.
- Implement safety and quality guidelines.
- Order the appropriate equipment.
- Keep track of material stock and orders.
- Ensure the job site remains safe, clean, and orderly.
- Resolve on-site issues and emergencies.
- Coordinate scheduling of subcontractors, consultants, inspectors, and vendors to complete each project on time.
- Monitor work and materials to ensure quality control standards are met at various stages of the project.
- Communicate with the project team and support each subcontractor to execute his job duties safe, effectively, and efficiently.
- Perform inspections or schedule inspectors to meet the varying safety and compliance regulations of each job location.
- Maintain a written log of job site’s operations, job actions performed, materials expended, and problems resolves on the job site.
- Travel between multiple job sites and simultaneously mange work loads of individual projects.
- Identify and resolve problems and conflicts. Cooperate with team members in various roles as necessary.
- Set an example in keeping the job site organized and clean, including meeting standards for waste disposal and environmental protection.
- Compete other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred, and ten or more years’ experience in the construction industry.
- Heavy Civil and General Construction experience.
- Experience with subcontractors and self-perform work.
- Excellent organizational, team management, problem solving, motivational skills.
- Computer literacy, ability to learn to use various computer programs.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to thrive and multi-task in fast paced, changing environment with a “can-do” attitude.
What’s in it for you
- Unmatched company culture and growth opportunity.
- A company that invests in it’s employees development.
- Competitive compensation – commensurate with experience.
Local candidates encouraged to apply!
Recruiters, please do not contact.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST COMPLETE A CULTURE INDEX SURVEY AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS, if you have any questions, please contact our office at (510) 251-6400.